SAP HANA is a flexible, data-source-agnostic appliance that enables customers to analyze large volumes of SAP ERP data in real-time, avoiding the need to materialize transformations.
• SAP HANA is a hardware and software combination that integrates a number of SAP components including the SAP HANA database, SAP LT (Landscape Transformation) Replication Server, SAP HANA Direct Extractor Connection (DXC) and Sybase Replication technology.
• SAP HANA is delivered as an optimized appliance in conjunction with leading SAP hardware partners.
SAP HANA DATABASE
• The SAP HANA database is a hybrid in-memory database that combines row-based, column-based, and object-based database technology. It is optimized to exploit the parallel processing capabilities of modern multi-core CPU architectures. With this architecture, SAP applications can benefit from current hardware technologies.
• The SAP HANA database is the heart of SAP’s in-memory technology offering, helping customers to improve their operational efficiency, agility, and flexibility. • The SAP HANA database can be monitored with the SAP HANA studio.
• It enables you to check if your SAP HANA system runs as expected and provides possibilities to analyze problems.
• The SAP HANA studio also houses the SAP HANA modeler and the user management for the SAP HANA database.
• SAP Solution Manager can be used for basic administration and monitoring of HANA systems within existing SAP landscapes.